Monday, October 15, 2012

Hey you guys! 
 
This e-mail will be a bit longer! Sorry for the wait!

First off! Let me answer some questions that mom had:

I have a few questions if you have time to answer.....

Does Pres. Tucker live there in Santa Anna? or does he get the call just like Pres Bowen and move there?  Are there just the two of them?
- President Tucker lives in Anaheim. His other counselor, President Pugmire, lives in Yorba Linda. That's all.

Do you spend time in the office every day?
- Not everyday, I'd die, I can't stand fluorescent lighting for too long. It's too officey, generally just when we're planning a general authority visit, doing transfers, and finalizing transfers which only takes place the first week after transfers. Every Friday we come in to report all the baptisms happening during the weekend. It's called Friday to Fridays.

If so how much time.......and do you teach every day?
- When we're doing transfers which takes place from week 3 to week 6. at first we're here about 3 hours just us and President in his office, after that it takes way less.

How often do you train missionaries? Is that just at Zone Conference?
- We train all the Trainers, District Leaders, and Zone Leaders the first week of transfers, and we train the Zone leaders the first tuesday of every month. Other than that there are some other little meetings that happen once in a blue moon that we have to do, but generally nothing more than these set meetings.

Do you go on splits?  Is that mainly with companions that are having problems?
- We do exchanges with every Zone Leader companionship every transfer. If necessary, due to problems, we will go with some missionaries, but that hardly ever happens ever...cuz my mission is the best and everyone loves it here.

How often do you eat at members homes?
- Every night :) Tonight we're eating Roast at my favorite recent convert families house in this ward, the Sessions!!! You'll get to meet them in December! They are going to come up to Utah.

Do you like your ward? Do you go to the same ward every week?
- I LOVE my ward. Yes I do.

How are you and your comp doing? 
- We are doing awesome!!! We had one of the greatest weeks of our mission this last week!! I love Elder Hartt!

Do you see Matt Lund?
- Every thursday and monday at the very least. He is in my zone! He is in the Disney Land ward that I was in before I got transfered here! He's the man. I love that kid! Tell the Lund's that I love their son and he's awesome!

Do you get to read Mike's blog? look at our blog?  elderbradkeyes.blogspot.com
- We are not authorized to visit ANY other website but, Mormon.org, LDS.org, and myldsmail.net. Nothing else.

Have you seen any of Taylors facebook pictures from Africa?
- Not a single one! I would love to though!! I've been praying for her! I'd love an update on how she's doing!

WHAT DO YOU NEED?????  I will be sending a box next week so if there is anything you need please let me know.
- 2 new things of face wash, some smell goods. I would like permission to use the money you've given me to get you guys some little souvenirs. I would like a couple printed out pictures of the family. I would love a picture of every in our extended family with the names for all the new kids so I can remember and know them all by name before I even meet them. (that's how we do it with the new missionaries when we pick them up at the airport. We memorize their face, name, and some things about them that we can ask them about before we even meet them.) Other than that you guys give me too much! I'm so grateful for everything and all the support! 

Great questions!!! That was fun! A list of questions like that is super easy. I just copied and pasted it. If you guys want to do that more, that makes it super easy!!

There is no way I could ever explain all the cool stuff that happened this week. i will try and sum it up in a nut shell.

We have 10 new investigators who are wayyy solid. 3 that are getting baptized within the next 3 weeks. They are sooo awesome! The Lord has blessed us a lot!

I'll give an account of the most solid ones

Shauntay and Kennedy. Samoan. Awesome. Kennedy is less-active but SUCH a cool guy. His wife Shauntay is a non-member but has wanted to join the church for years. Kennedy always talks about it, for some reason they have just never contacted the church. They love the gospel already and Shauntay is the most prepared person I have ever seen on my entire mission. She flat out told us,"I don't know much about the bible or the church, but from what I do know, I already know that I want to be apart of this. I want to be with my husband for eternity. He has told me about the church and I want to know what I need to do to be apart of the church. How soon can that happen?" Yeah.. She's solid. She's getting baptized November 11th. I already love those guys a ton.

Bro and Sis. Kor. Sister Kor is less active, but her testimony is unshakeable. She watched general conference. She reads the scrips. Her husband has no religious background at all. He has no religious belief. He wants to have a knowledge of the questions of the soul, like, where did I come from.. all that jazz. He is a super nice dude and really wants to learn and to find out for himself if this is true. They are a super solid couple and he has a baptismal date for the 11th of November as well.

Sammy and Grace. They are from Kenya! They've lived here for around 3 years! Non members, but they are looking for a church for their family! they have a one years old son who's hilarious! They accepted baptism but not a date. They said they want to be sure in their decision to join the church first, before they set this goal with us. They are some of the nicest people I've ever met and they are truth seekers. They asked really awesome questions and felt the spirit during our lesson for sure.

Dejon and James. Black. Dejon is in his low 20's, James is his grandpa who is 60. Dejon lives with James. Non members. Dejon is definitely more solid than james. They live in our complex actually. Dejon flagged us down one day and said that he wants to come closer to God and come to church with us. He accepted baptism, but not a date yet.

Safara. Black. She's 9. Missionaries have taught her in the past. Her Grandma is a recent convert. Safara is wayyy funny and she's soo smart. She knows way more about the church than I did when I was 9. She pretty much taught us the whole first lesson without us having to explain or anything. She's awesome.

Martha. We taught Martha in the past. She's wayy solid but has been gone away doing some work. We just by chance ran into her the other night, she's back and ready to learn again. We have a lesson with her tonight.

There is a couple others that we found and are working with, but we're most excited about these guys. The Lord has given us a lot to work with! There's never been a better time to be a missionary in the Anaheim 3rd ward than right now!! Elder Hartt and I are having a blast!!! We are loving everything! Not only this, we totally received revelation for our mission. We teach the zone leaders, they in turn, teach the rest of their zones and apply principles that they learn that we teach them. We did a whole zone training about focusing on the Holy Ghost in conversion. As we had call in summary reports this week, we discovered that our mission as a whole taught 800 lessons, and found 172 new investigators!! 10 baptisms this past week!! Things are happening! The Lord has poured out his spirit on Anaheim! A huge movement has started this past week! It's exciting too cuz we are getting 14 missionaries this next transfer and we are opening 9 new areas! Elder Hartt and I had to meet with the spanish zone leaders and split an area and we are opening a lot in english and vietnamese. It's so exciting! Our mission is growing!!! You guys these are such exciting times to be a missionary!! I can't even explain it!! I love being a missionary right now!!! We have a general authority coming in the beginning of november to train our mission too! Elder Kopischke! from the 70. We planned out his whole california stay with President Bowen last week. We're excited for that!

You guys! It's been an awesome week. I hope everything is going well for each of you! From the sounds of it, everything is pretty good! My prayers are still with you dadday! Keep going strong! Hang in there! You've got the mission praying for you! You guys are all in my prayers everyday!

I love you! I miss you guys! Today is officially my 22 month mark. I cannot believe how fast time is going!! It's so nuts! 8 weeks left! That's nothing, but there's so much do to still!
HARRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!
Love
Elder Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment