Tuesday, November 13, 2012

You guys. I will never ever be able to explain all the awesomeness of this week. It was incredible. But I will try and highlight the major points

We got transfers figured out and finalized on tuesday.

Wednesday Elder Kopischke of the 70 came to our mission to do 2 conferences in our mission. (North and South). He's amazing! He got up at the first of the meeting and just said," I want each of you to know that I do not have an agenda for the meeting today. You will be making it. I want each of you to think of a question. Something you're wondering, something you want to get out of this, something you're wanting to know." Everyone wrote down their question and we had our meeting. A 6 hour meeting! President and Sister Bowen spoke, we had some lunch and came back. E. Kopischke then answered 2 or 3 questions from the missionaries. We talked about being agents, exercising our agency, and also developing the faith to find investigators. At the end of the meeting he asked,"How many of you had your questions answered today?" Everyone in the room raised their hands. (90+ missionaries) He said,"I do not know what your questions were, but I do know that the Spirit has been here with us, and that is how the Spirit works Elders and Sisters." It was very powerful.

The next day he introduced the meeting very similar and we talked about completely different things! It was cool to see that he really didn't have an agenda! He did it all completely by the spirit. This day we talked about how to find new investigators and how the Lord is preparing "the elect" to hear the gospel at this time. It was very inspirational. He actually threw Elder Hartt and I on the spot. He brought us up to the front (in front of another 90 missionaries) and said," Maybe the AP's could teach us something about finding that will answer your questions and help us." And right there on the spot we taught everyone for 10 minutes about developing faith to find the elect in our areas. It went pretty well! Elder Kopischke is just an inspiring guy and the Spirit was so strong that it was easy to feel what we needed to say. That night he trained ALL the ward councils and stake presidencies of our whole mission on the ward mission process. Over 600 people attended that meeting. We didn't go to that one, but we heard it was awesome! We actually were at President's house waiting for them when they got home (E. Kopischke stayed with President during his stay in Cali) cuz we had to do leadership calls that night. E. K and President showed up and we just got to talk to E. K for a little bit, just us and him. He's such a good guy. He's pretty funny too! 

The next morning he had a special meeting with the zone leaders, 2 sisters, us, and Pres. + Sis. Bowen. It was such a great meeting! He put a fire under all of us! The way he presents the messages he shares is so inspiring. After that meeting President Bowen drove him to San Diego to re arrange a stake. Spiritually full!

NOW ON TO THE GREATEST PARTS OF THE WEEK.
Monday we taught Maricella about the Law of Chastity. She's been living with her "partner" for 14 years. They have 2 kids. She is Edward Corro's aunt (We baptized edward in september) So we went over with the Bishop and taught chastity and told her,"You have to be married to be baptized" she in turn said,"Well I am going to get baptized on the 11th. What do I need to do?" We shared with her about getting a marriage license and then our Bishop could do it for free. She whipped open her planner and planned out everything!! "Friday afternoon I will go get the license and then we could do the marriage on Saturday at 7. Does that work for you guys?" She did it all! We taught her and got her baptismal interview on friday and we attended her marriage on saturday!! It was soo awesome!!! It was a beautiful wedding! Her and her husband Eduardo were so happy. You could just see it on their faces. It was such a special experience. The next day at 6 she was baptized. We married her and baptized her in less than 24 hours! haha it was a very powerful baptism. Her whole family and friends were there. She's absolutely on fire. She told Elder Hartt and I that we've helped her to understand the things that she's wanted to know her whole life. She was extremely grateful. Truly incredible.

That's not all!
Saturday I got to baptize Brother Postil!! He was the investigator from La Habra that couldn't stop smoking!! He finally quit and called me to baptize him saturday evening just before Maricella's baptism! That was so stinking awesome!! It was so good to see everyone from La Habra again! Brother Postil and I had a cool experience too. Just after we got dressed after the baptism while we were walking back to finish up the meeting we just kinda stopped and talked about how he felt. I stopped him and just shared my testimony of baptism with him, and he said," Well I wouldn't have done this if I didn't know it was true. I've read the whole Book of Mormon and I know for a fact that it's the word of God. I know Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. I feel the spirit when he speaks even through the t.v. I know Joseph Smith saw what he saw and I know that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God. It took me 65 years to understand that, but now I know that that is true." What a cool testimony! It was very powerful to hear that from a new convert. Especially brother Postil who I really have grown to love! He's one of my favorite people I've taught on my mission. So cool!

We're still teaching the twins and they are sooo stinking cute! Last time we went over and at the first just followed up on their personal reading. The recited perfectly the story of Nephi and his brothers going to get the plates of brass. They even recited scriptures like word perfect for us and at the end Jerissa asked," So in the 10 commandments it says we shouldn't kill, so why did Nephi kill Laban?" Super smart girls!! Haha and the funny part was to begin the whole lesson, right after we said the opening prayer Jaquline asked us,"So did you guys vote for President?" haha it was hilarious! They are so awesome, Next saturday is their baptism!!

We're also still working with the Kors. Elder Hartt and I both felt a prompting during E. Kopischke's talk that we need to give the Kor family a tour through the church. So we did! We opened up the church thursday night when noone was there and walked through and gave them a tour through the church. It was so great! When we were in the chapel talking about what happens in there, the spirit was very strong. We asked brother Kor, who has no religious background at all, "What are you feeling right now Brother Kor?" He responded,"I feels really peaceful in here." We got to testify that it was the Spirit he was feeling! it was so awesome. Yes!!

Transfers went way well! We're stoked for this transfer. Super powerful companionships. We're stoked! This morning we dropped off the 4 departing missionaries and picked up the 17 new missionaries that came in!! That's a huge group! And it's only going to get bigger! The new ones are on fire and ready to go! I'm very impressed with the power that these new missionaries!! They're the cream of the crop! They will make a great addition to the mission! 

Ok you guys, this is only like a half report of what happened this week! haha it was a wayyy busy week, but it was the best kind of busy ever!! We're loving life!!! We get to feel the spirit everyday!!! We have amazing missionaries and people that are all around us! I love my companion! I love my mission President! I love my mission! I love my ward! My investigators! The crazy people of Anaheim! Your e-mails! This work!! Everything!!! I love life right now so much!!! My mission is the best!! I wish everyone could have this experience!! I'm grateful to all those that have set the example for me to come on this mission! It has changed my life!! You just can't get this experience anywhere else!! Yess!!!

You guys! I love you so much! I cannot believe I have 4 weeks and 6 days left! Dad keep going strong!! I know you probably feel like crap right now, but hang in there! We're still prayin for you out here! I love you!
I miss you guys!! I'm excited to see you, but I have a lot of work left to do here! But when the time comes I will be ready and stoked.
GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!!
Elder Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment