Monday, June 11, 2012


You guys.
My testimony has grown immensly this week and here is why I say that.
 
So Elder Stinson and I have been getting along way well! He is awesome! In the 2 weeks he's been here, I feel closer to him than I have since I was with Big Rob.  Such a cool kid. Anyways, so we have been dedicating our whole time to finding. We have almost no investigators. Amanda kinda fell off the map, and everyone else has either moved away or is just really busy. So we've been street contacting and tracting more in the past 2 weeks than anything. Hardly anyone had signed up to feed us. We got home every night and it took all we had left to plan for the next day and then drap ourselves to bed. We work our butts off! We weren't discouraged, but we were a little disappointed. But we were talking saturday night about how we feel like we've grown more rapidly in the past two weeks than we have in a long time, because we've been stretching ourselves. We've thought of every finding idea, we tried everyone, knocked a couple complexs out, did all we could to find a new investigator and nothing happened. Sunday night there was a fireside we were at just to mingle with our members of our ward. We felt this urgency to go try a potential at 8 o clock in the evening, 1 hour before curfew. So we got out early and headed over there. We knock on the door and ended up teaching her and her friend the Restoration and it went incredible!! It was a great lesson! Not one, but two new investigators! Their names are Christine and Enyver. Both young women of the YSA age. Both seekers of truth. It was such a good lesson and we became friends with them both instantly! They loved our visit, they're excited to read the Book of Mormon, and they are excited to meet with us again on wednesday! They're both girls, so we had to teach them outside the apartment, but you guys, it was awesome. One of those lessons where they would ask a question that would prelude to what we were already about to talk about. So good. The Lord provided literally in the last hour. That night as we were excited and couldn't go to sleep, we reflected upon a scripture in Ether that says,"Ye reieve no witness until AFTER the trial of your faith." (Ether 12:6) Our faith was tried, but we were persistant. We knew the Lord would provided and we did our part, and just when we thought nothing would happen, He did His. That is how Heavenly Father works. He will freely give, but he expects us to do our best first. We don't recieve the witness until we've done all we could do. "after the trial of our faith. What a testimony builder that has "sling shot" our excitement to find this next week!
 
I couldn't wait to share that one with you, I'm sure every RM reading this is shaking his/her head going,"I know how that is".
 
So I'm sorry everyone got sick! That sounds no bueno!! I hope you're all feeling in tip top shape now!
 
Neon Trees! Oh man! Sounds like they did great! What are some of the songs they played that weren't off their new CD? Was it mostly new stuff? If it was let me guess the songs from habits they played. Animal, 1983, Habits, Girls and Boys in School, Love and Affection. Lemme know! I would love to know.
 
So I have to tell you a record that is about to happen in our area. We have a dinner everyday this week! It's incredible! That hasn't happened since i've been here! We're stoked.
 
Shout out to Elder Lund. That kid is the man. He's a boss missionary. Tell the Lund's I said that they have an amazing son.
 
Ok I have to tell you about how awesome my zone is. I'm serving around the most incredible group of young men and young women in the world. I mean that! They're amazing! We have the best zone. I know we look at how bad the world is going a lot, but let's take a step back and realize for a sec that we aren't the ones in control. Heavenly has reserved his choice souls for this day in age. Don't fear for the future, we have the strongest warriors on our side. It's just like one of our recent converts said about us,"I look at you guys as warriors. I feel like if we were going to battle, I would already know immeditately to join your side even if we were out numbered." I'm amazed everyday at these missionaries.
I have made some of the best friends out here. It's like the greatest brotherhood anyone could ever think of. Awesome.
 
Alright you guys, that's about all I can think of for this week.
I love you guys! Miss the crap out of you!
Please let me know if you need/want anything!
Glory to God in the highest!
Elder Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment