Wednesday, June 27, 2012


Family.
It's good to hear from you!
 
Ha I know exactly what is happening in your view right now. There are some things that you can imagine perfectly, and one of those things is wrangler jeans with a (probably free) t-shirt of some random company tucked in with a leather belt, some blue blockers, gross facial hair, a beer in hand, with a random (probably free) hat of some company, and the most important part...a nasty mullet for all to see. How does it get any better than that?
Nucor Day!!! Dry chicken and baked beans that get cold as soon as they come out of the pot! Ribs that are actually just a bunch of bbq fat on rib bones! 1 pack of lays. But probably thet best is the free fountain drinks! Oh how I miss it!
I'm glad this is the last nucor day I'll ever miss! I hope you're enjoying it!
 
This week has been great! We have found over 3 new investigators that we had to pass to other areas around us! haha We just found out that our most progressing investigator Christine lives just one street out of our area!! so we have to pass her too. It's back to basics! We've found A TON of people to teach for every area but our own! haha It's kind of frustrating, but hey we're all wearing the same jersey! So it's all good. We're continuing to work like dogs!! Working harder than I've ever worked. Right now, I'm the best missionary I've been on my mission. I continue to learn every day. I love my zone, my companion, my area, everything! This is awesome you guys! I love this!!
 
You returned missionaries will appreciate this.
 
This past week was the best letter week ever!! I got one from, Michael Cowley! Taylor Keffeler, Karlee Eynon, and Camille Weller! It was awesome! HOTTMAIL! (tyra-mail voice). Mike is so funny! He's grown so much! I can just tell by the way he talks. He's so dignified and everything he says is awesome. Please tell Betty that I look up to her son and he's my best friend!! I love that kid!
 
Ok so I have a pretty crazy story to tell you this week. I don't have much to report about investigators, because like I said, we found some bomb people, but they aren't under our jurisdiction anymore, so here's an insane story from this week.
 
So first you must understand, There is this gigantic douch bag named Richard who is known in this area as the guy that you try to avoid at all cost. He's super born again and wants to bash every chance he gets. He has even grabbed missionaries and got nose to nose with them and yelled in their face, invited them into his home, locked the doors and kept them for hours. He's a bad dude. So just a little back story about him.
So we went to try a potential the other night at around 8:30. We felt to walk through this complex on our way to another one. As soon as we set foot in this complex, we hear this screaming. Over and over. Loud, bloody horror screaming. We both got chills down our spine and hastened to the sound to see what we could do. We see richard standing outside this apartment door and he looks like he's just seen a ghost. He beckoned us to come over to the apartment door (which was opened by the way). We look inside the apartment to see this man on top of his table, screaming, foaming at his mouth, Possessed. Right after we walk up, he looks at us and runs past us out of his apartment and out of the complex screaming. Richard turned to us and said,"I don't know what LDS believe about demons, but that is one of them." So we were just talking with him about this guy and he runs back! And walks in front of us. Rich asked him what was wronged and he turned and made some noises that wasn't english at all, then ran inside. He opened his back door and we hear him just thrashing his house! We hear stuff breaking and stuff hitting the walls and we can hear him running around his apartment screaming soo loud! Luckily there were a lot of neighbors outside calling the cops. We thought at the time that it was just a mental problem, but after we thought about it, we knew this man was possessed. It was a pretty crazy experience!! Luckily noone got in his way so noone was hurt, but I thought it was pretty crazy.

 
Chad did you get your letter? I'm soaking up the time I have left! nearly 5 months left. 4 transfers left. I miss you a ton bro. Nucor day! Who you going to go on rides with? Next year! Next year.
 
Mom, I'm doing good!! I love it out here. I miss you just as much! Just know that I'm doing good! I love being a missionary and I'm making you proud!
 
Dad. Thanks for the update! We are going to an angels game when we come back as a family.
 
Jamie. Everyone comments on what an amazing mother you are! It's still very weird to me that I haven't met max and beck, but I will soon enough! Keep it up sis! Thanks for your e-mails! I know you have your hands full, so it means a lot to get your e-mails!
 
Bradyboy! Haha Your e-mails are hilarious! It's good to hear you're still awesome! That's so funny you know Elder Cummins! They love you guys!
 
Max and Beck. Love you guys! You're studs!
 
Tessa. (translate) I love you so much! I can't wait to see your princess face again and give you a biggg hugg!!!!
 
I love you guys! I miss you!
Harrah For Israel!!!!!
Love
Elder Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment