Thursday, August 30, 2012


Familia! Hey hey!
What's up!
 
Sounds like everyone is doing aight! Dad I'm glad to hear you finally made it out of the Huntsman center! Please let me know how the blood count and everything goes! I hope you wont have to go in. haha to answer your question, yes I have seen you without a mustache. I remember you shaving it on 2 occasions in South Carolina. I remember vividly what you look like, I still would love a picture though! You're a good lookin man without hair, I imagine the result ill be the same even without a mustache! In fact, I can't really think of anything that would make you not a stunning stallion!
 
You guys. This transfer is already my favorite transfer of my mission. Elder Sumsion is my favorite companion hands down, and will be known as my favorite companion on my mission. This past week has been awesome!! We teach so much! I'm finally with a companion that I can rely on! We always just go straight to doctrine with people and that allows them to feel the spirit, which allows us the opportunity to teach and testify more often. It's the best thing ever. I finally feel like I'm with a companion who I don't have to baby sit! We get along better than anyone I've met on my mission. I'm absolutely loving it. Heavenly Father is blessing us with teaching a lot. We've taught a ton of lessons just right on the spot, on the sidewalks of busy roads. We haven't seen too much fruit yet as far as baptisms though, but they will come.
So there is a recent convert and her (used to be less-active) husband in our ward, the Sessions. They are awesome!! They are so cool! I got to stand in the circle to bless her with the gift of the Holy Ghost this past sunday and it was super powerful! She really gets it. Yesterday night she was experiencing a ton of back pain even to the point where it hurt so bad she was vomiting. The Bishop was M.I.A. so he called us over to give her a blessing. Elder Sumsion gave her a powerful blessing and blessed her that her pain would go away instantly. As soon as he said that, She stopped crying and her breathing got calm, and as soon as the blessing was over she sat up and exclaimed that the pain was 50% of what it was before the blessing! It was a really cool thing to witness. She could even move when we first got that, and by the power of the Priesthood she was able to sit up and feel comfort. Really cool experience. We have dinner with them tonight and we're super stoked to go over there!
 
There has been so much little crazy stuff that has happened this week it's rediculous. Those little weird experiences that are only beneficial if you're there really. Like I was speaking spanish to this guy on the street and gave him a card for mormon.org and was just introducing him to the website and the church and he got up in my face and started yelling at me in spanish. I'm talking like yelling yelling. Haha it was funny cuz I had no clue what he was saying. As soon as he walked away, we looked at each other and were just like,"..what the flip?" haha
A bunch of stuff like that. haha. Just moments before that we met this guy with probably the biggest baby I've ever seen. Supposidly the baby was under a year, but it was like bigger than his torso. It was huge you guys. And it was eating a full on peach. Just chowin down. Monstrous baby.
haha just crazy stuff like that. Stuff that would be hard to explain why it's significant via e-mail!
 
So the past couple days, I've been studying in-depth about the Atonement. It's been awesome. I've been doing this thing with my studies where I'll pick a subject, and write down 4 questions about this subject. Like for the Atonement, i wrote down; Why did it have to be the Son of God? Why was the Atonement necessary? What did He suffer? How does it apple to me?. I've been doing this for multiple subjects the past couple of weeks and have learned a ton from doing it. I read some scriptures about the necessity of the Atonement that I feel make it really easy to understand why. In true to the faith it explains it really well, but I think the scriptures that make it easy to understand are found in the book of Alma chapter 42:22-23. I think of it like this. Think of your own child. If they were out on the playground and hit another child, would you reward them or punish them? Punish obviously right? Then ask yourself this, Why do you punish them? So that they can learn right? Then ask yourself, Why do you want them to learn? Because you Love them and you want them to grow and mature and it's for their own good. Heavenly Father is the same way. "There is a law irrevocably decreed in Heaven..." Without Justice of that law, we would never grow, but to meet the full demands of justice to the law, due to our own uncleanliness, we would never be able to repay for our own sin. That is why Jesus Christ had to die both Physically and Spiritually, to answer "the ends of the law" We can repent of our sins and wrongdoings, but the rest if covered by the Atonement. Because of the Atonement, we are permitted to apply mercy to our own souls and thus be made clean enough to enter into the presence of God where "no unclean thing can dwell". The Atonement is abosoluetly necessary and it had to be the Son of God because he was foreoradained(Ether 3:14) and given power (Helaman 5:11) to do it. Because He was pure and clean, He didn't distance himself from God at all, thus He was able to receive enough Godlihood as a man to have the power to accomplish the task of his sacrifice. It had to be Jesus Christ. There is no other possible way that we could live with Heavenly Father again. It had to be His only begotten son, and it had to be the sacrifice of Agony that it was.
 
I love gospel study. I want to start digging into other material, but we're supposed to just stick to the missionary library which is totally fine and it works and I'm cool with it, just excited to look at other church material. Haha not like the old me huh? I actualy enjoy reading now.
 
Chad, I can't believe you ran into Elder Johnson hahahaha. I laughed when I saw that picture!! "goin over to the defromes tonight" haha that's so awesome I love it.
 
So yesterday we had Presidency Meeting. Just our mission presidency and us. Presidnet Bowen, President Pugmire(absolutely love this guy), and President Tucker, and Elder Sumsion and I. It was a rediculously rad meeting. We just discussed the upcoming events of the mission and what we needed to do to make sure they went through, and how we can help the stakes in our mission and just the mission in general. It was so awesome. To be in that sort of element with those 3 spiritual giants was incredible. I love it. I'm loving all thats coming with the new calling! It's so great!!

Aight you guys.
I miss you.
I love you.
Dad keep hanging in there! I love you so much! You can do this! I continue to pray for you. Thank you for taking your time to shoot your e-mails to me. I really appreciate it. Let me know what I can do for you! Daddaaaay.
Can't wait to hear from you next week!
HARRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!
Love
Elder Keyes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment