Thursday, August 23, 2012


The new assigment...
I will be the Assistant to President Bowen. My companion is Elder Sumsion!! Remember Elder Sumsion? He's seriously one of my best friends out here. And now we get to be companions as the APs! I'm so excited! It's already been such an awesome experience!! I'm so happy to be with Elder Sumsion and get into a new area and get this new experience! We've had a blast so far!! It's been ssooo awesome!! President called me up Thursday night at 9:15 and asked if I'd get prepared to be his next assistant this next transfer. I gladly accepted! That really is the whole reason of my excitement, because we get to work closer and learn from President Bowen. This is way exciting you guys!
I was thinking about what a peculiar opportunity this is to be able to work with the President this close and realized, there are only 320 missions in the church so that means there are only 640 missionaries that are assistants to the President in the whole world that get this experience, and I get to experience that! I'm so stoked you guys. It's already awesome and it's going to get even better.
 
I just served in Anaheim 4th and 5th and now I'm serving in the Anaheim 3rd! Let me tell you, I'm loving this ward so far! Last night we had dinner with Brother and Sister Sessions. Sister Sessions got baptized on sunday and she is soooo awesome! Her husband was less-active and now they are both active and on fire! Sister Sessions used to surf for the company, Rip Curl, and she was a pro skateboarder as well. They're so awesome!
 
This morning we took the mission van, or the tank as I call it, and dropped off all of the departing missionaries at the airport. That was sad! 15 amazing missionaries that I've known my whole mission and have got close to. Elder Bartholomew being one of them. It sucked! I'm going to miss those guys so much!! Then we waited there for the new missionaries to come in. There were 10 of them and they got in around 10 o clock. They are so funny haha. We loaded up 5 of em in the tank and President took the others in his yukon and we headed to the mission home for their training and stuff. They are still there doing stuff right now, but we don't have to give instruction or anything til 4:30 and right now it's 3 so we have time to e-mail. One of the missionaries is Elder Tyson Vincent from Brigham City! He knows AJ and Taylor! He's a pretty crazy kid. Pretty funny too though. They are all still up in the clouds and it's hilarious! The questions they ask are so funny. They are so green!
 
I am definitely going to miss the old ward though. There are some awesome people in that ward! I made special "good-bye visits" to a couple of the families. Mrs. Margaret!! The awesome black lady that we were teaching! She's so cool. Mike, Fernanda, and Richard(the family+Richard the guy we baptized) that was probably the hardest to tell them bye because I got pretty close with them in the past 6 weeks. I definitely wanna see them again!
 
Dad I'm sorry to hear about the infection. Thank you for informing me about it though. I'm gald that my e-mails can bring you some comfort. That's really one of things I can do for you that's tangible. I really hope that all is going well now and that the infection is gone. Just know that you are constantly in my prayers and thoughts. I know that Father in Heaven's going to help you. Just keep hanging in there! I love you!
 
You guys.. Thanks so much for the package!!! Its awesome!! I love everything in it! Thank you!! You guys are the best!! If I could just in the next pacakge get some Projector CD's as well that would be really awesome. But thanks I really appreciate it!!!
 
Ok you guys. I've been having the coolest personal studies the past couple weeks! I've gotten through the whole missionary library and I've been studying by topic where I'll take one topic and study it for a couple days. I've studied the Atonement, The last days, The 12 tribes of Israel, The Pre Mortal Existance. They've been so awesome! I can't wait to be able to read more church books when I get home, which reminds me! I think I"m going to send a box home full of stuff that I've aquired on my mission. I have a 1st edition D&C + 1st edition Book of Mormon and a Quran and all sorts of stuff! I think I'll be getting it home soon!
 
Ok I need to let the office staff use the computers. so I gotta wrap it up.
 
I'm so excited for this transfer!! Elder Sumsion is going home in 6 weeeks so we only go one transfer together! It's going to be the best transfer of my mission!! We're going to work our butts off and baptized legions! ha No, but it's gunna be sweet!! I'm excited to work so close with President Bowen! He's incredible! I love my new calling!! My mission is the best!! Harrah for Israel!!
I love you guys so much!! I miss you!!
Stay strong DADDDAAAAAAAAAY!!!
Love
Elder Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment