Thursday, August 23, 2012

To all blog readers;  This letter was written August 13th.
Now I think I am all caught up.  YEAH.



Hey you guys! We got finished up with Camelot, doing some mini golf and laser tag, then volleyball, and now I have some time to actually give you a full e-mail!

I love you guys so much! Dad, my heart goes out to you. Heavenly Father will be there with you. We had our interviews with President Bowen this past week and he said some incredible things in my interview. I will try and put it all in a nut shell because he spoke on this subject for a good 5 - 10 minutes. But here's the jist of it," You're doing more for your father out here than anything those doctors could be doing. I want to promise you that. The Lord knows of the situation he's going through and the situation you're going through and he's not going to turn his head on that. You've been sprinting to the finish and giving it 100% for over a year now. I hear it in your e-mails. I feel the spirit when I read them. When I'm around you I can feel something so special about you and that comes from your obedience and your hard work. The Lord is going to heal your father and a big chunk of those blessings are from your obedience as his son here in this mission field. He couldn't be going through this at a better time than right now. I promise you that. You've become the man I saw you as when I met you over a year ago." It was really comforting to hear that. Honestly having President Bowen here has been soooooo amazing. I really love and appreciate that man. I can't wait til you get to meet him. 
Dad you look pretty good bald actually! When I pulled up your picture and Elder Catmull saw it he said,"Wow, it actually doesn't look too bad! In fact he's a pretty good lookin guy bald!" haha now you and Billy Corgan can look like brothers! haha Love you dad. 
That's so cool about Brian shaving his head too! He's so incredible. Honestly nothing less than what I would expect from Brian. Probably one of the best men I've ever met. I look up to that guy so much. Tell him I said he's the best. haha and of course it's cool that Karlee drives ol' gray. Just tell her to shine it up real nice before she returns her! haha just kiddin. 

This is week 6! The last week of the transfer! We get Leadership calls this thursday and transfer calls on saturday. It's going to be a crazy transfer! Of our zone of 18, 5 are going home, and supposidly 2 of them know already that they are leaving, and who knows what else is going to happen. Always exciting times during transfer week! I'll let you guys know what happens! I hope to stay in this area for another. I'm loving getting to know the people here. It's pretty awesome! We'll see what happens!

So about the Riots. They finally changed their diaper and have chilled out. On the weekends some people will come hold up some signs around disneyland about racist cops, but other than that nothing at all. It's not even riots anymore, I wouldn't even call it a protest anymore. It's more like, the few people that still haven't recognized that they suck and have no life are still holding up some signs because they have nothing else to do. Lame! So  yeah that died out.

Richard is doing awesome! We went over and watcher Mountain of the Lord with him Mike and Fernanda on Friday. They loved it! We got to laugh at the cheesey parts, but they really enjoyed it! In fact, they told us at church that they actually sat around and talked about the show for over an hour after we left, and tomorrow we're going over to teach them about temples. We want to get Richard in to do baptisms for the dead by Sep. 6th and we want Mike and Fernanda to get working on marriage, so we're going over that with them. Should be a great lesson! 

We have a new investigator who is looking pretty solid! His name is tom Davis! His best friend is Brother Pruitt in our ward. Brother Pruitt reminds me exactly of the servant guy for the king on Cinderella. The way they talk is rediculously similar. Tom has been taught before. He pretty much believes it all and loves the church and actually made the comment how every other missionary force for any other company or church out there, whoever it be, has nothing on what we do. Ha he's a pretty cool guy. Kinda weird, but cool too. He has the weirdest concern I've ever heard and it is pretty much the only reason he's not baptized yet. He has been in 3 car accidents and has a huge fear/phobia of cars now. He can't ride in them, he can't drive in them. He's really embarrassed about it, but it's something he's really struggling with. Brother Pruitt has been aware of this for some time now and has actually gotten him to the point where he can get Tom into his Yellow Nissan Extera (no other car but this one) and drive him all the way to 9th street. 9th street is about a mile away from Brother Pruitt's house and about 1 block away from the church, which is why Brother Pruitt had us start teaching him again now, because they are so close to the church that he'll be able to come to church soon. Once he can get there, we'll be home free! Got a lesson with him tomorrow as well. Should be good! We're going over the Restoration with him. 

So President Bowen came to our ward council for the 4th ward this week on Wednesday. Bishop asked him to come instruct the ward council on the ward mission process established by the brethren. (basically the ward mission process is this. The brethren have organized it into this, the ward council get 15 names together, these 15 names could be non-members, part member families, or less actives. 5 from RS 5 from HP and 5 from EQ. Someone in each quorum is then assigned to go and invite this family to take the missionary discussions from the full time missionaries. Wether they accept or reject the invite, their name is taken off the list and a new one takes its place. If they accept, we keep tract of them and report on them every week. If not, we scrap the name and forget about them for now. It needs to be focused on part-member families and we're not supposed to be teaching a lot of less-actives because that's the home-teacher's job. it's reallly really awesome and every ward I've been in can't seem to get it right!! But when they do it the correct way how the brethren taught, it works!) SO president Bowen came in and prior to him talking, they talked about all these different programs that they could start doing to get the ward doing missionary work and check lists for missionary work and all this crap, and when they were done with all that they turned the time over to President Bowen and he gave the most powerful, effective, awesome teaching to them about what they're supposed to be doing, he pretty much started off by holding up all the papers they passed around for all the different new programs and just said,"This is a mess! I think you guys are complicating it way to much with all these check lists and programs! The brethren have shown us exactly what we need to do, if we just do what they say, it works and things will happen! But if you want to start complicating things, the work is going to halt!" and spoke so powerfully for the next half hour. It was so incredible. The meeting actually ended with Bishop Mulroney(our bishop) saying,"I know you could each agree with me when I say that we could sit here and listen to President Bowen for the next hour. President I wish you could be here for another hour and instruct us, but I feel the spirit so powerfully and I have so many things coming to mind and so much revelation occuring right now, that I would like to end on this note so we can each take the spirit that we feel now, and I would like to record all the thoughts I'm having right now, because I feel that they will get our ward doing what they need to be doing." AWESOME So stinking awesome. 


Aight! I hope everything is going well!
I'm sorry this is way long! haha A lot went down! 
I love you! I miss you!
Love 
Elder Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment