Monday, August 13, 2012


This letter was written 7/30
Sorry for the delays I'll try harder to stay up to date LK

Ok you guys I got re-logged in on another Elder's account and I have
50 minutes!!

It was really good to hear from you all! Good to hear that Mom&Dad are
coming home! I bet a week in the hospital is draining! I"m so grateful
you're doing ok though.
Dad, from what everyone says, you're really being a champ! Keep
hanging in there! You're off to a great start it sounds like! I know
it was hard to go through that. We're all pullin for you! I don't
think my prayers every day have been this intense since Jamie had
cancer! Everyone quit getting cancer!! It sucks!! haha I'm so sick of
everyone getting cancer!
So glad to hear you're doing ok now daddy. I love you and you're
always in my prayers and thoughts.

This week was a very. very. busy week! Richard is getting baptized
this saturday!! We're so stoked for him! We met with him a couple
nights ago and he was so eager to talk to us and right out front
said,"Hey I wanted to tell you guys, I had the opportunity to pray and
I got a really good feeling about the plan of salvatoin that you guys
taught me. It made sense when you were teaching it and then I got the
confirmation when I prayed just like you guys said. I feel really good
about it." AWESOME! He told us he's really excited to be baptized! He
even called and told his jevhovah's witness mom this last week. She
wasn't thrilled, but she didn't like go a-wall on him. So things are
looking great for Richard! He came to church again yesterday, they
announced his baptism at sacrament meeting and it was funny cuz
everyone came up to him after and was like,"I had no idea you weren't
a member! Congratulations!' haha it was pretty funny. He's such a good
guy you guys. We're excited for this saturday. I really believe that
he understands how this is going to effect him. He knows it is one of
the greatest steps he can take. I don't know if I explained kinda his
situation before, but he's 24. He's living with his cousin(fernanda)
and her pretty much husband, but not yet (mike). Fernanda was baptized
a year ago and she's so nice and awesome. Mike is recently this year
coming back to church after years of innactivity and honestly you guys
Mike is one of the coolest dudes ever! He loves the church and he's so
stoked to be getting more into it! He has a strong testimony and he is
just eating it up right now! We call him the gentle giant cuz he's
probably 6"5" super ripped, but he talks kinda soft and is one of the
nicest guys you'll ever meet. He has a 100 pound bull dog-boxer mix
named Kapone that has tiger stripes. It's really sketched out by
missonaries, but MIke owns that thing. It obeys him so strictly its
crazy. He man handles that thing. But yeah they are an awesome family.
Mike and Fernanda are really wanting to get married and they're
plannin on getting married after they have their 5 month old fedus
that will soon be a baby girl. haha. So we're excited for those guys!
Love that family so much.

Other than that we taught a couple of other people that aren't makin
too much progress right now. We taught a united penicostal that we
randomly tracted into and he has the weirdest view of the God-head
I've ever heard. He does't believe in the trinity or the God-ehad. He
believes that there is just one person who has differen't titles and
he refers to himself as the Father the Son and the Holy Ghost, but
it's just one person. super weird.

The wards here are super awesome. I really get along with everyone in
these wards. It's so nice to be in a family ward again. I'm really
lovin it! There are some cool people here.

Elder Catmull and I are doing good! he's an awesome missionary. He
thinks that I'm his best friend he's ever had in his life and reminds
me every 5 seconds that he loves me and that I'm his best friend.
haha. He's a good kid. His celiacs really kicked him in the butt this
week. I feel bad for the kid.

Ok so I don't know what you've heard on the news about the riots down
here in Anaheim. I'll be honest it is in my area and kinda close, but
we just avoid all of that and we really aren't having any problems
with it. President Bowen is aware. We're safe and everything is cool.
The people are just being stupid. They want attention. I would tell
you more but I don't want you to worry about me. haha just know it's
all cool and there's nothing to worry about. Remember who's errand I"m
on.

Ok I'll see what I can do about getting you some pictures today. I'm
not too sure where a post office is in this zone yet, but I will do
what I can. I promise to get em to you soon. I would've sent them
already, we've jsut been so busy and pre-occupied with other stuff
that it's kinda slipped the mind. also I would appreciate some more
facewash stuff please! And some new pictures of you guys! I have a lot
of the 2 new little ones, but I'd love some of each of you as well!
BTW thanks for the pictures you already send!

Alright you guys! I'm really having a blast. This is one of the
funnest times of my life right now. Honestly. Every day is awesome and
I'm soakin up every minute! I absolutely love serving as a missionary!
I can't believe how much time I don't have. It's kinda scary but I
have a lot to do before that time comes! I miss you all! I love you.
I'm grateful for your prayers and e-mails and all of your support!
Thanks for everything.
Love
Elder Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment