Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hey ya'll!

How are you?

Wow, a lot to say! I already sent mom and dad a rather large personal e-mails about my thoughts and feelings, but maybe I could address the general body of my raving e-mail/blog fans with a couple comments concerning this trial! haha

I love each of you. I miss you. You are in my prayers frequently throughout each day. Thank you for your prayers and support. It has sustained me thus far, and will continue to do so for the next several months. Though I wish I could be there with you at this time, and though my prayers go out to not only dad, but to everyone in the family, I want it 100% clear that this trial does not shake my faith, it doesn't distract my thoughts from the Lord's work, in fact, this trial has added another log to the fire of my diligence and zeal for this work. I know that I couldn't be in a better place for helping dad at this time than where I am right now. I know that despite the troubles, challenges, and darkness that may lie ahead, that everything will be ok, and that there has to be trial before there is growth, just as there was an apostasy before a Restoration or a 40 day fast and a temptation from the father of lies, before the greatest ministry know to man. Heavenly Father is currently looking out for Dad. I don't believe He caused this to happen, but I do believe He let it happen for a sound purpose which each of us must individually and collectively discover, and from the e-mails I received today it seems that some of that mystery has already been unfolded. And what a great example dad is, in this time of confusion and difficulty! Instead of looking to where he can't point the finger, he is looking to whom he can put his faith. And that is in God, and His Divine Son. Look at the unity that is coming from multiple states even! Friends from all places are sending their heart-felt prayers and support! To everyone that is supporting dad in all this, I offer up my gratitude to you. Thank you. We will get through this together. As for me, the work of the Kingdom will go forth unhindered. 

I'm sorry I get so soap boxy sometimes haha. 

As far as the missionary work in the area is going, it's going great! We had a really good week this past week. Finally teaching a lot again! Our zone had 5 baptisms this past weekend!! That's incredible for 1 zone in 1 week! So awesome! We went to one of the Samoan baptisms. That was pretty cool to see it all go down in Samoan! Everyone was wearing lava lavas and stuff! Then after that we went to a BBQ for a Samoan family in our ward. It was wayy good! We are getting pretty cool with them! Their name is the Atoafa family. They're all huge! It's exactly like on the other side of heaven. Their children all live with their children and husbands and boyfriends all in the same house. One of them is a non-member whom we're teaching. His name is Eldon. He now as of last night has a baptismal date for August 25th. It's so far away cuz he has to get married to Emerald(an atoafa daughter) first. It was an awesome lesson though. Whenever we come over the whole family comes and gathers in the living room and tries to feed us haha. They are way hospitable. Just part of their culture. So that's pretty sweet!
We have been teaching a guy named Richard consistantly! He is the cousin of a recent convert who is living with a less-active member of our ward. Richard just recently moved in with them. He's 24 and he's a pretty cool guy! He came to church yesterday and is reading the Book of Mormon consistantly and has a Baptismal date for the 5th of August! He's really coming along! 
Ricky Olivares came to church too. His parents are less active and both he and his brothers are not baptized. He's 16, his brothr andy is 15 and his other brother Danny is 9. Ricky is the most solid. He looks identical to Jake Jillinhall, but mexi style. He shreds at the guitar! Me and him jammed the other day before a lesson! He's really good for his age! He's really progressing and coming along too.
Other than that everything is awesome! Things are happening and going swell!

Jamie those pictures were hilarious!! I loved em! And your email was awesome might I say haha. Especially that one line! haha you know what I'm talking about.

Do you guys need anything?

BTW Dad! Elder Catmull's (my comp) dad served in your mission! Did you know an Elder Catmull back then?

I would love and appreciate more Projector and The Show Cd's please! How many The Show Cd's do I have left? 

Also Chad! My comp wants to know if you'll make him an awesome watch like mine haha.

Everyone be there for dad. He's going to need all the help he can get! 

I love you guys so much.
I miss you.
Harrah For Israel!
Elder Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment