Friday, October 5, 2012


September 24th



Hey Kizes!
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES/PACKAGES/PRAYERS/E-MAILS/PRESENTS/GOODIES/TIES/SOCKS/AWESOMENESS COMPASS/LETTERS/EVERYTHING!!!!!
THAT WAS SOO AWESOME! YOU DIDN"T HAVE TO DO ANY OF THAT BUT IT WAS SOOOO SWEET! THANK YOU!!!
 
Man you guys are the best. Thee best.
 
So I guess I'm 21 now! It's Elder Sumsions birthday this saturday and he's turning 21 as well. I never let him forget that as for right now I'm older. He'll say something dumb and I'll just say,"I might think that too if I was 20." haha it's totally rad.
 
It was a great birthday! A full days worth of missionary work! The best! We were in the office in the morning recording all the baptisms that were happening in the coming week. Sister Watson(office sr. missionary) had a birthday the 20th, and sister Collet (another sr. office missionary) had one the 22nd. and Elder Sumsion has one this saturday, so sister watson got a huge birthday cake and we celebrated the best september birthdays! haha it was sweet. On our way home something crazy happened! We were driving by Disney Land on our way home for lunch(which by the way we ended up going to Taco Bell :)) and we saw hundreds of people standing on the sidewalk looking towards disney land and looking into the sky. They lined the whole street! It was crazy! Everyone was outside looking at something and Elder Sumsion and I were like,"What in the world are we missing?" So we pulled over to ask somebody what was up and right as we pull over, everyone starts cheering and yelling and going crazy!! So we look up into the sky and we see a stinking Space shuttle fly right over our heads!!! A space shuttle!! With 2 jets behind it! Appearantly Nasa is retiring all their space shuttles, so they flew a shuttle named "The Endeavor" over Disney land as it's last flight. It was so crazy! It was stinking low you guys! It was way sweet though! A guy that we are pretty good friends with who lives next door to us used to work for them and he got us 2 really nice professional photos of it! It's so sweet!
 
I gave a talk in church yesterday about charity and love. I think it went pretty well! I talked a lot about the importance of charity and how "charity never faileth". I also poised the question of "What blessings of the Restored Gospel do we desire most?" and then shared about what paul says in 1 corinthians 13 about how he has all power and knowledge, but if he doesn't have charity he's nothing. Then they had Elder Sumsion give his farewell testimony! (even though he still has another week) Then we taught gospel essentials cuz the normal teacher's wife's sister was in labor sunday morning so they ran. So we taught gospel essentials! haha it was fun. And then yesterday night we had a baptism!!! Edward got baptized!! We're so excited for him! He's and awesome kid! His mother got baptized as well, the spanish groupl in our ward put on that baptism. It was a spiritual feast for sure!
 
This is Elder Sumsion and I's last week! It sucks!! I'm gunna miss the crap outa him. We've had the best transfer of my mission. We worked our butts off, we worked smart, we're obedient, we always had the spirit with us, there was never contention, the mood was always light, yet we were able to talk about important and serious things as well. Seriously you guys, the ideal transfer. I loved every minute of if, and we're going to go just as hard this week! I know who my new companion is too and I'm going to love him. His name is Elder Hartt. He's from virginia. VERY smart kid. He's obedient, he's proactive, he's just what I and this mission needs. I'm so stoked to be with him. He's probably going to be the missionary that kills me. (mission term for your last companion when you go home). We'll probably be together for this transfer and the next. I have exactly 12 weeks from today!!! IT's so nuts!!! I cannot believe it!! I really am soaking up evey moment. I'm going to let these last weeks completely solidify everything I've learned out here. I"m going to learn everything I possibly can. I'm looking forward for the experiences at hand.
 
Today was a pretty awesome p-day! We had "Presidency Golf". Elder Sumsion and I, President Tucker (dad's favorite) and Presidnet Bowen! We went and golfed at the golf course that Tiger Woods golfed at when he was younger. "Dad MIller" golf course. We did a 2-man best ball. President Bowen and I were on a team! I love President to death, but I carried us today. haha. He's not that great at golf. I actually played really well! I was kinda surprised cuz it's been a while! Like 2 years! President Tucker is really good! Elder Sumsion did pretty well too! They ended up winning by 1. It was pretty much President Tucker and I just battling each other. It was just an awesome experience being in that kind of environment with those 2 incredible mission leaders. I love em both to death. President Tucker gave us both really nice Tidelist hats and Callaway gloves!
 
Do you guys remember Brother Postil? He was my favorite investigator in La Habra! He underwent a surgery get his bowels all worked out (he used to crap in a bag that came out his stomach) but now he's all hooked up again! We got a report from the Sisters serving there that he hasn't smoke for 3 and a half weeks!!!! That means he can get baptized really soon! That was the only thing holding him back! I hope he keeps it up! He has a stronger testimony than most members, the smoking was just a habbit he couldn't break! But now he's ready!
 
Aight you guys! We gotta head out to dinner with the Sessions! Tacos! Woof!!
Tell Taylor I said that what she's doing counts as a mission! And to hang in there and I love her!
Dad stay strong!! Kick round 4 in the butt! I love you! My prayers are continually with you! The future is only as bright as your faith!
I love you guys so much! I miss you!
love
Elder Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment